Day 2 - 6/25/2004 - Friday
- Attend Kristina's sister's graduation in the morning.
- Arrive Alabama (1227 Miles)
- Now in Central Daylight Time.
- Drove through Tuskegee, Selma and Demopolis.
- Arrive Mississippi (1448 Miles)
- Mississippi has free soda at the Visitor's Center!
- Drove through Jackson and Meridian.
- Visited the
Vicksburg National Military Park,
but it was too late to get National Park
passports stamped or to drive the park road.
Here's a picture of some cannons on display.
- Arrived at the mighty Mississippi River!
Nearby was a "Riverboat" Casino which was neither properly in the river
nor was it any sort of boat.
Here's a nice view of the river.
- Arrive Lousiana (1610 Miles)
- Drove through Monroe and Shreveport.
- Arrive Texas (1811 Miles)
- Stopped in Marshall for the Evening (1830 Miles)
603 Miles Traveled on day 2
On to Day 3