Day 3 - 6/26/2004 - Saturday
- We briefly toured Dallas. Saw the Peace Park, some other impressive
buildings, and of course the infamous
Here's a picture of said building:
- We dodged into a suburb to see a large group of equestrian statues.
- We visited the famous Fort Worth Stockyards, where many a cow had its
- It began to rain, horribly. For miles and miles.
- When the rain cleared it was amazing seeing how many oil derricks
littered the scenery. They were a pretty sight when paired with
the blooming wild sunflowers. Unfortunately none of my pictures of those
came out, but instead here is a picture of windmills on a mesa:
- We saw some prairie dogs.
- Arrive New Mexico (2407 Miles)
- Now in Mountain Daylight Time Zone.
- Drove through some oil boom towns that had seen better days.
- Arrived in Carlsbad during an impressive lightning show.
- Crossed the Pecos River.
- Stayed in Carlsbad, New Mexico (2496 Miles)
666 Miles Traveled on Day 3
On to Day 4