Video Games I've Played
This is not a complete list, but it's a list of the games I felt
a sense of accomplishment upon finishing. Many of them, especially
the puzzle ones, Kristina helped play, or at least watched. I also
like some X3 games like Master of Orion, Alpha Centauri, and the Civ series.
In addition, I played and defeated pretty much every shareware version
games put out by Apogee back in the day.
In any case, this list is mostly a reminder to me which games I've played,
because I am getting old enough now I can't always remember.
Tomb Raider Series
- Tomb Raider - (defeated)
- Tomb Raider Unfinished Business - (defeated) - a bit of a waste of time
- Tomb Raider II - (defeated) - was OK though parts could be a bit tedious
- Tomb Raider III - (defeated) - graphics were much better, but the levels
were too large and non-linear
- Last Revelation - (defeated)
- Chronicles - (defeated)
- Angel of Darkness - (defeated)
- Legend - (defeated x2) - Graphics are amazing,
we're playing on a 6-year old machine with integrated Intel GPU.
Gameplay is a bit linear though, with fairly unoriginal puzzles.
Controls awkward when playing under wine.
- Anniversary - defeated - OK, though the boss battles
could be obscure
- Underworld - in progress - almost too much for our recent
machine to handle, controls akward under wine
- Final Fantasy 1 - (Defeated, **). Thought
it was a bit too easy, and the end is annoying -- time paradox!
- Final Fantasy 2 - (Defeated, ***). Much better than 1.
Not too much grinding, but missing the blood sword makes the final battle very hard.
- Final Fantasy 5 - (Defeated, ****) Took two attempts.
- Finaly Fantasy 3/6 - (Defeated, ****) Took two attempts.
- Final Fantasy 7 (Defeated *****)
- Final Fantasy 8 (Defeated ****)
- Chrono Trigger (incomplete, ****) Got to the last boss battle,
gave up due to lack of obscure item needed to win.
- Metroid - (Defeated ****) not fast enough for swimsuit
- Metroid II - (Defeated ***)
- Super Metroid - (Defeated *****) again, not fast enough
for swimsuit, but did save the animals
Indiana Jones Related
- Lego Starwars Wii - In Progress
- Lego Indiana Jones Wii - In Progress
Star Trek Related
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusage - (defeated **)
really awkward controls, hated the fight scenes
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - (defeated ***)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - (defeated ***)
Very tomb-raider-esque. Crashes way too often in annoying ways.
- Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb - (incomplete ***)
The Mac Version has really painful controls, spazzes
out with joystick at critical times. Have gotten
near end [had to cheat a few times]. Stuck on a really annoying
level where I always fall to my death. I do enjoy smashing furniture though.
Monkey Island Series
- Star Trek 25th Anniversary (PC edition) - (Defeated ***)
Voice acting great, puzzles so-so. Has really lousy ending.
Favorite part was getting the ghost of the dead Ensign to say
"Captain, don't melt the snow!"
Other SCUMM Games
- The Secret of Monkey Island - (Defeated Twice *****)
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - (Defeated Twice ****)
Bizzarre ending. On second playing, I can't emphasize enough
how weird that ending was.
- The Curse of Monkey Island - (Defeated Twice *****)
- Escape from Monkey Island - (Defeated Twice ***)
Not bad, but the Monkey Combat was boring and the ending was rushed
and not very enjoyable.
- Tales from Monkey Island -- (Defeated ****)
I liked it a lot, though the manatee and crossroads parts
were a bit gross. I also don't like the voodoo lady conspiracy
stuff, though at least it means there's hope for Morgan.
- Loom -- (Defeated **)
Interesting game mechanism. Weird story, way too short.
The radio-drama casette got stuck in my car tape deck.
Interesting game to play if your last name is "Weaver".
- Maniac Mansion -- (In Progress)
A bit too non-linear for us, with awkward controls.
Sierra Online Games
- Myst - (defeated thrice, ***)
We had defective first version that told you the wrong way to flip
the switches at the end.
- Riven - (defeated thrice, ****)
- Myst III: Exile - (defeated thrice, ****)
- Myst IV : Revelation - (defeated twice, ****)
Beautiful graphics, but was over too quickly.
Also, freaky lion on the curtains songs.
- Myst: Uru Complete Chronicles - (defeated, ***)
Poor interface, tired of kicking things around,
and we kept missing really subtle clues that were needed to win.
- Myst 5: End of Ages - (defeated twice, **)
Yeesha is a pain and a bit too preachy. Lots of unanswered
questions about the tablets, etc. Again, way too short.
- King's Quest 1 (VGA Remake) - (defeated, **)
too many ways to dead-end, lots of non-obvious puzzles.
- King's Quest 2 - (defeated, *)
more dead-ends, nonsensical story
- King's Quest 3 - (in progress, *)
Hated the first-half time limit. Ended up hacking the save
game to give us more time.
- Torrin's Passage - (defeated, **) a lot of non-obvious
- Return to Zork - abandoned - Very annoying puzzles.
Kerbal Space Program
- Out of this World - (Defeated Twice - ****)
- Prince of Persia - (Defeated Twice - ****)
- Lemmings - (***)
Back to main page