A Somewhat Dated Guide to Understanding Vince Weaver's Inside Jokes
I have realized that many people viewing my page might be confused by some
things I consider funny. That is because a lot of things I consider
funny, no one else does. Most of this is because I think dumb things are
funny, but others are because we share vastly different experiences.
To truly think like me, you should be male. Being an American from
Maryland helps a lot too. Helping even more would be growing up in
Harford County, going to John Carroll [lots of inside
jokes from teachers/friends/experiences there] and doing th various other
things I have done. If none of these are possible, you can always
read/observe/watch my following list of most important things.
There are lots of other inside jokes that make life interesting. Such
as, to make math interesting, give descriptive names to all the greek
letters. Feel free to help me with this. Alpha=fishie. Beta=ssssss
[German reference] Gamma= dead fishie. Lambda=giraffe. Omega=dead bird.
See how much more interesting mathi is when sin (fishie) = 2 cos (dead
fishie)? Hehe. If you still don't get it, get someone to draw out all
the lower-case greek letters for you. If you still don't get it, then you
have no imagination.
Anyway Thank You
Vince Weaver's List of Cool Things
- BOOKS: reading is good
- Adams, Douglas: Hitchikers Guide Triology [all 5 books].
These books are a must! 
- Asimov, Isaac: His short stories are execlent.
- Card, Orson Scott: Enders Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide,
Children of the Mind
Very Good Books. [The enemy's gate is down!]
- Clancy, Tom: All of them [Hunt for Red October et al]
- Clarke, Arthur C.: 2001, 2010, 2061, 3001, Rendezvous with
Rama, and many, many others including
his short stories. [The things hollow...
it goes on forever, and OH MY GOD its full of
- Crichton, Michael: Sphere, Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park,
Great Train Robbery, Congo, etc, etc
[better than the movies]
- Heller, Joseph: Catch 22 [I see everything twice!]
- Korman, Gordan: All of them. [Son of Interflux is
- Larson, Gary: The Far Side [need I say more?]
- Salinger, J.D. : The Catcher in the Rye [I am a lot like
Holden sometimes. Scary, eh?]
- Vonnegut, Kurt: Slaughterhouse Five [So it goes.]
- Watterson, Bill: Calvin and Hobbes Read them all.
- Abrams, Pete: Sluggy Freelance
- Computer References: [a major Factor]
- Levy, Steven: Hackers [Made me want to go to MIT]
- Stoll, Cliff: The Cuckoos Egg [Where I learnes about the
- Various C/Turbo Pascal/Apple IIe/IBM PC/Linux books [what I do]
- German: Ein Sehr Wichtiges Sprache
- Shakespeare, Willm: Hamlet, Henry V, MacBeth [These were
forced on me but somehow got in my mind anyway]
- Weaver, Vince: The Tragedy of
Steve [The best tragedy ever written]
- Poetry: [i'm not much on poetry]
- Blake, William [tiger tiger]
- Watterson, Bill: [Calvin and Hobbes]
- Weaver, Vince: Assorted
- ORIOLES! [The only team
that matters. Yankees go home!]
- TV: [I don't watch it much]
- MacGyver [hehe why'd ABC cancel it?]
- Simpsons [Do'h!]
- Star Trek [whichever one happens to be on]
- Movies: [I go to these a lot more at college]
- Back to the Future [Flux Capacitor!]
- Broken Arrow [dont' shoot the nuclear weapons!]
- The Hunt for Red October [one ping and one ping only]
Back to my homepage.
©VMW Web Design
(vince _at_ deater.net): 18 June 1997