Day 11 - 7/04/2004 - Sunday
- Up and to the Denver Airport. Passed security without too much trouble.
- Bought what turned out to be the most expensive Mentos in the world at
an airport shop. I am guessing they must have been gold plated or
- Left Denver 11:40AM Mountain Daylight Time, 5400 feet altitude.
- Plane was with Fronteir Airlines. Suprised us by having
sandwich wraps for lunch (we weren't expecting a lunch).
You could also buy access to satelite television for the entire flight
if you wanted.
- Kristina and I used a road map to plot our progress across
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio,
West Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia,
Maryland, before finally arriving at BWI. (Blame weird geography
for that last bit of repetition).
- Arrive Baltimore Maryland 4:45PM Eastern Daylight Time (50 feet altitude)
- Arrive Maryland (6713 Miles)
- Slight misunderstanding about meeting place leaves us standing
outside in Maryland humidity/thunderstorm for a while. You don't
realize how nice a 100 degree day in the desert is with 5% humidity
until you have to stand around in 85 degree 90% humid Maryland for
half an hour.
- To family's for dinner in Joppatowne.
- Arrive Abingdon MD. (6760 Miles)
1747 Miles Traveled on Day 11
Day 12 - 7/05/2004 - Monday
- Leave Abingdon at 10:15am
- Arrive Pennsylvania (6790 Miles)
- Arrive New York (7010 Miles)
- Arrive Ithaca, New York (7074 Miles)
314 Miles Traveled on Day 12
7074 MILES TOTAL
Now back in Ithaca, where I was welcomed by a dripping bathroom ceiling and
a note from the mailman saying my mailbox was full. But don't worry,
both situations worked out in quick order, and it is good to be home!
I hope you enjoyed the tale of my trip.
Back to Southwest Trip page
Back to my pictures page