Exploits of the 1994-1996 John Carroll It's Academic Team
- Captain Steve D, Vince W, and John C - Class of 1996
- Gus T, Brighid T - Class of 1997
- Marie P - Class of 1998
- Many others
Many hours were spent practicing in the Math Room:
The actual exploits:
To balance that out, here are some competitions we didn't really do that
- Two-time champions of the Bel Air Invitational Tournament (1994, 1995)
- Team "I-1" won overall best team at the Baltimore Archdioescean
Math Competition (with Scott D) (1996)
- Made it to the final match of the Harford County Tournament,
losing both times by a narrow margin (1995, 1996).
- After losing once in the 1995-1996 Data Race competition
(Essex Community College / Baltimore County Public Access Cable),
we won the entire
loser's bracket, won the loser/winner game, but then narrowly lost
the very final match to Perry Hall (1996).
- The It's Academic TV show (Baltimore WJZ).
Made it to the second round in
1994-1995 but lost in the first round in 1995-1996.
- Johns Hopkins Tournament
- University of Maryland Tournament (grr, two-name schools)
- Catholic League Competition
- Knowledge Masters Open (KMO)
Always remember Reyerson's Rule:
"Any given team can be beaten on any given day."